Banner by Embreon
There are six major sections of the URPG: Battling, writing stories, the National Park roleplay, participating in Contests, drawing Pokemon, and the After Hours roleplay.
Battles are the most popular aspect to the URPG, since there is no 4-move limit. Visit the link below to learn everything about Battles.
This is where you write a story to catch Pokemon or earn cash. This is the main way to obtain new Pokemon for your team. Visit the link below to learn everything about Stories.
The URPG National Park allows trainers to catch Pokemon by interacting with other trainers and wild Pokemon through roleplaying. The smaller-scale runs are a nice medium for those who are new to RP or writing in general.
National Park Encyclopedia
Contests seem to be a favorite past time among some members. You are a Coordinator, and your aim is to win ribbons and participate in leagues. Contest Credits can be earned along with cash, which can be exchanged for Pokemon or TMs!
The Art Gallery lets members have a creative outlet while gaining rewards. Draw art pieces of Pokemon-related subjects and get it curated, and you just might have a chance of capturing the Pokemon that you’ve drawn or earning some cash! Visit the link below to learn more about the Art section.
After Hours Roleplay
This PWN forum-only Sci-fi RP takes place in a semi-post-apocalyptic world. Earn URPG rewards and interact with others in missions and casual roleplay threads.
After Hours Index
Here’s a look at some important threads you might want to look at.
The Ultra Dex
We have our very own Pokedex. You can use this to check for moves that your Pokemon learn, their evolution stages and methods, abilities, methods of obtaining, and more.
The Ultra Dex
You can find all your shopping needs, chances to enter contests, and quizzes to make money in this section. You can find The PokeMart, The Underground, and the Auction Room here. All wages of the respective sections will also be posted here. For a more detailed description, please visit the Marketplace thread.
Marketplace Board: (BMG | PWN | PXR)
Want a better Pokémon? Want to evolve that Machoke into a Machamp? Find someone else to trade with.
*Note that giving Pokémon or anything in your stats to another Trainer outside of trades or gift stations is ILLEGAL. You will not be allowed do this.
Trading Machine: (BMG | PWN | PXR)
These Pokémon can only be won through special contests, tournaments, or defeating the Elite Trainers. Legendary Pokémon can be either temporary or permanent, depending on the circumstances of obtainment. See this thread for more information on how to obtain them. Legends will be recorded in the Legend Log (BMG | PWN | PXR).
This is where you can bring a topic up and want judgment on it upon the Moderators and Officials. It’s like a suggestion but for major topics only. You can take crimes to court also. Check the Court Rules first before starting a thread.
Trainer’s Court Board: (BMG | PWN | PXR)
Records, Awards, and Member Respect Hall
If a member accomplished something for doing their part in the URPG history, they get their name here. Also listed with it are the URPG Member’s of the Year awards, which are held every year.
Apart from the Story Writing Competition, different events and tournaments are held from time to time. Some of these events include URPG Secret Santas, seasonal Auctions, annual URPG Awards, annual Gym Tournaments, and many more. Stay tuned so you don’t miss the fun!
- You take care of your own stats. This involves updating your record and money count. If you are doing multiple battles at once, you can update your stats after they are all over.
- Be reasonable with posts on your stats page on the forums. A handful of posts to categorize information is fine, but don’t go overboard, like using one post per Pokemon. If you need additional posts, you are welcome to keep your stats off-site (eg Proboard, Zetaboards) and use as many posts as you like. Make sure to update your on-site stats with the correct link to your new stats.
- A forum ban means an URPG ban too. No matter who it is.
- Clone accounts are illegal and thus an one-way ticket to getting banned.
PokéMart/Hidden Power Reroll
- You post your own order.
- You must wait until your order is accepted before you substract the money from your stats.
- You purchase your Daycare Moves and Hidden Abilities at the Pokémart for $5,000 each. You get these instantly once they’re approved.
- You MUST put which Pokémon you own have Breeding Moves, Move Tutors, Special Moves, or Hidden Ability taught to them. If you are caught cheating, like everything else, there will be penalties. But this will be more strict.
- Bids start at $1000.
- Bid increasements must be at least $100 but have no maximum bid. Members cannot bid a total amount greater than what they currently have.
- Auctions will end 48 hours after the last bid.
- The last person to bid gets the prize and has a week to claim it.
- All bids are non-retractable. If he/she can’t claim the prize after the time period, he/she will have the money removed from his/her stats accordingly without getting the auctioned item.
- Each branch’s auction functions separately and independently of each other.
- The same Pokemon cannot be put up for auction in multiple branches.
- Auctions will happen whenever they happen. Please have patience.
- A trade starts by one person posting that he/she wants to trade and the other person replies he/she will trade. Once both people agree, they trade. You must have a Trade Supervisor accept your trade before it becomes official.
- If you are trading to evolve your Pokémon, do a trade-and-trade-back. If an item is needed during Trade Evolution, you must buy it from the Pokémart.
- You can also buy a Link Cable in the Pokémart to bypass the need for a trade-and-trade-back. You do however still need the items like Metal Coat if the evolution requires it.
- You can’t trade your Starter Pokémon to anyone. It is yours to keep forever. You can only trade-and-trade-back to evolve it, like Machoke to Machamp.
- You can’t trade any Pokémon that are participating in a current, active forum battle, tournament, or contest. If you do trade, either your trade will be canceled or the above (apply where applicable) will be declared over. This is done by a Moderator or respective leaders/seniors of each section.
- If you decide to leave, for any reason, you may trade away any Pokémon in your stats except your Starter. These trades must be fair, to the trade supervisor’s own judgement.
- You can not trade/tradeback just so the other party can teach your Pokémon TM/HM/BM/MT/SMs or feed your Pokémon Pokéblocks.
- If you want to trade a Pokémon that is involved in a battle, you must wait for the battle to be finished in order to trade. If you do trade that Pokémon, your battle may be locked and your opponent will win the match.
- Don’t post in other people’s battle threads unless you have the right to.
- The Ref of the match posts the battles, unless he/she asks one of the battlers to do it for him/her.
- All battles must be physically reffed; counting one battle as many because the outcome is the same is not allowed and will be punished accordingly.
- 1v1 battles do not pay anyone under any circumstances.
- If the Pokémon is currently in battle, but you have gotten it a new TM/HM/BM/MT/SM, then you can’t use it in that current battle.
- A Pokemon’s Hidden Power type must be linked in your stats or else it is unusable (note that HP obtained before this rule went into effect or have links on removed forums are exempt).
- If you have already beaten a gym and obtained its badge, you can only receive the money on the second try and others.
- Pokémon can only use one ability in battle, but you can switch abilities between battles.
- If you have to leave during a FFA; you cannot give control to someone who is already participating or was knocked out. You must get someone outside the FFA to control your Pokémon.
- It is an offense to predetermine the outcome of any battle, including those used for evolution.
- Experience is obtained from meeting requirements such as using a Rare Candy. For more information on how to evolve your Pokemon and gain experience, click here and scroll down to “-How do I evolve my Pokémon?-“.
- You must write everything yourself. If you are caught stealing stories which aren’t yours, you will be (forum) banned.
- Don’t post in other people’s story threads, unless you have the right to.
- You have to post your stories/grades yourself. You can’t have someone post it for you. No exceptions.
- Do not harass Graders about grading your story. Feel free to contact them to see what’s up after a while, but be polite. If needed, you can contact a Head Grader to see if someone else can claim your story.
- A member may have as many RP characters as they want. However, Pokemon natures and Pokemon captured remain static across all of them.
- Once a Pokemon’s nature is chosen and brought into the Park, it cannot be changed except special through items.
- A wild Pokemon’s nature obtained from the Park are exempt from this–their natures cannot be changed.
- Do not harass Rangers about posting in a run. If it’s been a few days, feel free to contact them to see what’s up, but stay polite. If you feel your Ranger has gone inactive and you would like a new one, post in the Abandoned Runs thread asking for someone else to take over: (BMG | PWN | PXR)
- Coordinators should keep track of how many ribbons and of which rank and attribute their Pokemon win, including multiples/duplicates.
- A Pokemon must have an equal or higher number of lower-rank ribbons before earning multiples of a higher-rank one. For example, if someone’s Charizard has one Normal-rank Beauty ribbon and one Super-rank Beauty ribbon, that person cannot participate in a Super Beauty contest until they earn a second Normal Beauty ribbon.
- Keep track of URPG $ and Contest Credits separately.
- You may only post work that is yours, prove-able by work-in-progress shots or some sort of signature on the piece. Posting stolen work is a ban-able offense.
- Do not harass Curators about curating your art. Feel free to contact them to see what’s up after a while, but be polite. If needed, you can contact the Head Curator to see if someone else can claim your work.
- No God-Modding or bunnying other peoples’ characters.
- Do not harass Chroniclers or other players about posting in your missions or other role play threads. Feel free to contact them to see what’s up after a while, but be polite. If needed, you can contact a Head Grader to see how the rest of you should proceed.
Banner by Felly
Who wants money? This is how the payments will go.
Normal Single/Double Battles
2v2: $1,000 / $500
3v3: $1,500 / $500
4v4: $2,500 / $1,000
5v5: $3,500 / $1,500
6v6: $5,000 / $2,500
3v3: $2,000 / $500
4v4: $3,000 / $1,000
5v5: $4,000 / $1,500
6v6: $5,500 / $2,500
Special types of battles do not pay by the amount of Pokemon, as stated below
- type: win; lose
- Elite 4 and Champion: 6v6: $8,000/$4,000
- Note that Senior Refs may alter this pay due to a forfeit/other circumstances.
- Tournament: Variable; check tournament rules.
- FFA: $2,500 to the bottom 3, and incremental increase of $500 for each player after that. The winner receives an additional $1,000.
- Remember, you also get awarded the gym’s TM and badge if you win, but only for the first win. Subsequent wins grant only money.
Multi Battles pay half the amount of a regular battle, barring 2v2. The values listed are for each individual battler.
- n VS. n: win; lose
- 2 VS. 2: $1,000 / 500
- 4 VS. 4: $1,250 / $500
- 6+ VS. 6+: $2,500 / $1,250
- Regular: $500 per Pokémon used in the battle on one side (ex. 2v2 means $1,000)
- 6v6s pay $4,000 to the referee
- 1v1 battles do not pay anyone
- Double Battles: $500 per Pokémon used in the battle on one side
- Gym: $500 per Pokémon used in the battle on one side
- Elite Four: $6,000
- Champion: $6,000
- Tournament: Variable; check tournament rules
- FFA: $2,000 + $500 per Pokémon used in battle
- Typical contests pay $2,000 + 2,000 Contest Credits. You don’t have to wait till wage period to collect these.
- B/W Contests pay $750 for each Pokemon one one side in the battle for the ref.
Graders, Rangers, Curators, and Chroniclers
Check respective threads, as wages for these professions are judged differently.
Newsletter (Currently Inactive)
- Story of the Week: $1500
- Trainer of the Week: $1500
- Roleplayer of the Week: $1500
- Pokémon of the Week: $1000
- Additional prizes/wages will be given out as the Chief Editor sees fit
Banner by TheProtobabe
This is a list of positions. Referees, Graders, Rangers, Judges, Chroniclers and Gym Leaders have their own threads which are linked at the end.
HKim (BMG | PWN | PXR)
Second in Command
Monbrey (BMG | PWN | PXR)
Ash K. (BMG | PWN | PXR)
Elysia (BMG | PWN | PXR)
Smiles (BMG | PWN | PXR)
Soulmaster (BMG | PWN | PXR)
swiftgallade46 (BMG | PWN | PXR)
WinterVines (BMG | PWN | PXR)
Ace Trainer Liam (BMG | PWN | PXR)
Ataro (BMG | PWN | PXR)
Dash (BMG | PWN | PXR)
Ebail (BMG | PWN | PXR)
Nitro (BMG | PWN | PXR)
Siless (BMG | PWN | PXR)
Sou (BMG | PWN | PXR)
Referees – Monbrey
Graders – Smiles / Elysia
Judges – Ash K.
Rangers – WinterVines
Curators – WinterVines
Chroniclers – Smiles
Tournament/Special Event Chairmen
Battles – Monbrey, HKim
Stories – Smiles, Elysia, HKim
Park – WinterVines, HKim
Contests – Ash K., HKim
Art – WinterVines, HKim
After Hours – Smiles, HKim
*If you want to run a Tournament/Special Event, you must ask one of the above.
If you have a problem with another member (cheating; Referees aren’t fair or doing a poor job; Graders too hard; etc…), DO NOT post your complaint in the forum. There will be no arguments, flaming, or fighting in the URPG boards. Please IM messages to talk to the other person, or you can always contact a Moderator/Official and they can help figure a way to deal with it.
These are people who are NOT allowed in the URPG. Some of the ways to get banned: steal the URPG for your own site; causing problems for other members; cheating. Message HKim’s Inbox for all banning problems and concerns.
Pokemon Trainer Red
Abz Rulez / Metagross Fan/ Alakazam 360 / Groudon6_6_6
Amakiir / Grayling Murdock
Have an idea? A question about one of the rules? Go to the URPG Related Chat thread and post what you have to say. Check the above rules first – your question might already be answered.
URPG General Chat/Questions/Suggestions (BMG | PWN | PXR)
Online Chat Room
The URPG makes use of Discord, a web, downloadable client, and mobile app made for communication with gamers in mind. It features both text channels and voice chat. The chats are almost always busy and it’s a great way to meet nearly everyone in the URPG. Please remember this Chat is considered an extension of the forum, so linking to porn or vulgar discussions within it are considered inappropriate. To a lesser extent, we also exist on AIM and Skype. Post your usernames in our list to be added: (BMG | PWN | PXR)
The URPG has three branches: Bulbagarden, The Petalburg Woods Network, and Pokemon Crossroads. Should one of these forums be offline, URPG members should use another during the duration of the downtime.
In case of emergencies, the URPG has a backup forum. It is only to be used when all forums are offline or other situations.
Now that you have read the rules, or at least glanced at them, you may apply for your starter Pokémon at Starter Requests (BMG | PWN | PXR) and begin the fun at The Ultra RPG. Please respect the rules, members, and staff. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to read each forum’s respective rules (whichever you’re active in). Thanks!
Last edited by nitro on 10 August 2017